|1996 Master of Fine Arts, Studio option, Concordia University
1993 Diploma in Fine Arts, Studio, Emily Carr College of Art & Design
|2014 Come Back to Bed, Campbell River Art Gallery
2014 Growth Patterns Madrona Gallery, Victoria
2013 With My Little Eye, Ian Tan Gallery, Vancouver
2013 From the Ground Up (2 person show), Studio Connexion Gallery, Nakusp
2012 Summer Romance, Ian Tan Gallery, Hong Kong
2012 Petal Pushing, Ian Tan Gallery, Vancouver
2012 Intimate Views: 1993-2012, Madrona Gallery
2010 out on a limb, Ian Tan Gallery, /Artworks Gallery, Gabriola Island
2009 Tropicana, Ian Tan Gallery
2008 Make me, Ian Tan Gallery
2007 openings, Ian Tan Gallery
2006 Diversions, Gateway Theatre, Richmond
2006 BEDeSCAPES, Ian Tan Gallery
2006 Intersections, Britannia Gallery Project (curated)
2006 So Much for Love, Nanaimo Art Gallery (curated – brochure)
2004 perky peppers, Portfolio Gallery, Vancouver
2003 leaving space, Portfolio Gallery
2003 Swirly Girls, Portfolio Gallery
2002 come what may, Portfolio Gallery
1997 Between the Sheets, Havana Gallery, Vancouver
1996 Between the Sheets, Galerie Bourget, Montreal
1994 Close Ups, Galerie Bourget
- by a thread, juried members show, Comox Valley Art Gallery
- Towards Grace, juried members show, CVAG
- Square Foot Show, Art Alchemy, Courtenay
- Elevate the Arts, Courtenay
- Coastal Celebration, Madrona Gallery, Victoria
- Colours of Summer, Madrona Gallery
- The Erotic Show, Gabriola Artworks Gallery
- Echo Chamber, Chapel Arts, Vancouver
- New Small Works Collection, Diana Paul Galleries, Calgary
- Serious Women Artists Don’t do Flowers, Seymour Art Gallery (curated, catalogue)
- Women’s Work, CityScape Community Art Space, N. Vancouver (juried)
- First Impressions, Yaletown Gallery, Vancouver
- FEAST, Britannia Art Gallery, Vancouver (curated)
- ANU-5 Sex on Earth performance, Roundhouse Community Centre, Vancouver
- From Kandinsky with Love, CityScape Community Art Space (juried)
- Something About Love, Richmond Art Gallery (curated 4 person show, catalogue)
- Vancouver in Bloom, Cherry Blossom Festival, Van Dusen Gardens (curated)
- Naughty, Not Nice! XXXMass Show, the JEM Gallery, Vancouver
- Evolution, 80th Anniversary Emily Carr Institute (curated - catalogue)
- ANU IV WAR~? exhibition/performance, Roundhouse Community Centre
- Just Push Play, exhibition/performance, Norman Rothstein Theatre, Vancouver
- Studio 88, International Village, Vancouver
- Ayden Gallery, International Village
- Celebration of Artists, Howe Street Gallery, Vancouver
- Still Life, Aaron Ross Gallery, Vancouver
- Artropolis 2003, CBC Television Studios, Vancouver (juried - catalogue)
- The Good Art Show, Gallery 1529, Vancouver
- Preview: on the theme of red, VECC Gallery (juried)
- Flowers & Bright Colours, Artisan Gallery, Vancouver
- 4 Visions: Sense & Sensitivity, Portfolio Gallery
- Grand Opening, studio BLUE, Vancouver
- In Bloom, Buschlen Mowatt Annex, Vancouver
- Hands On: Insight Through Touch, Martin Batchelor Gallery, Victoria, CNIB, Vancouver
- Artropolis 2001, CBC Television Studios, Vancouver
- ArtThrob II, Glass Onion Gallery, Vancouver
- The Authentic Eye, Diane Farris Gallery, Vancouver
- Sur la Table, Diane Farris Gallery
- Torso, Vancouver Public Library (curated by Leslie Poole)
- What Every Grad Needs, Community Arts Council, Vancouver
- Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design Alumni Show, Vancouver
- Union Made: the support staff show, Concourse Gallery, ECIAD
- ArtThrob, Mainspace, Vancouver
- Jeux de Glass, Le Centre de Diffusion de la maîtrise en arts plastiques de l’UQAM, Montreal
- Fragments, Le Commensal du Musée, Montreal
- Miniatures, Galerie Artkore, Montreal
- World Tea Party, Presentation House Gallery, Vancouver (Bryan Mullvill)
- Women Art, Galerie Artkore (curated)
- Gallery Invitational, Diane Farris Gallery
- Artists in Our Midst exhibition and open studio event, Vancouver
- Orillia Nights collaborative installation, downtown Vancouver
| - Brett Price, Just Look, A Taste of Life Magazine, March 2014, pp. 31-34.
- Kylie Serebrin, An Impulse to Record, Arabella Magazine, Winter 2013, pp. 172-187.
- Claire Parais, Digging gardens the start of From the Ground Up, Arrow Lakes News, Aug.7, 2013, p.7.
- Art Joyce, Studio Connexion to feature Wood and Cunningham, The Valley Voice, Aug. 7, 2013, p. 8.
- The role of art in addressing racism, hate and homophobia, Comox Valley Echo, March 22, 2013, B3.
- Towards Grace focus of art talk, Comox Valley Record, March 21, 2013, p. B6.
- Madeleine Wood, Urban to Rural, Visual Arts Voice, Vol. 17/Fall 2012, p.6.
- Tyrell, Making It! Case studies of successful Canadian Visual Artists, C.T. Productions, Vancouver, Canada, 2011, pp. 80-88.
- Lucia Mariana Espinosa Sifuentes, PERCHÉ Magazine Issue No. 01, August 2009
- Joyce Goodwin, Women’s Work, arts alive magazine, Jan/Feb 2008, p. 9
- Mia Johnson, “Madeleine Wood: Openings”, Preview: The Gallery Guide, Feb./March 2007, p. 48.
- Room of One’s Own magazine, Volume 29:2, cover and art, pp. 26,30,31,97,98.
- Matthew Hoekstra, “An affair of the heart”, The Richmond Review, March 9, 2006 p. A16.
- Heike Kilian, “To sleep, perchance to paint”, The Vancouver Courier, Sept. 28, 2005, p. 23.
- Rod Corrani, “Looking at love in all the right places”, The Nanaimo Daily News, March 24, 2005.
- Donna McFarlane, “Talk of the Town”, The Nanaimo Daily News, March 18, 2005, p. A5.
- “Artist’s work explores romance”, Nanaimo News Bulletin, March 17, 2005.
- Mia Johnson, “Madeleine Wood: perky peppers”, Preview: The Gallery Guide, April/May 2004, p. 49.
- Mary Frances Hill, “Dozing off-for art’s sake”, Westender, 29 May 2003, p. 23.
- Jeani Read, “Crawling with this culture”, The Province, 20 November. 2002, p. C3.
- Mary Frances Hill, “Artscetera”, Westender, 30 May 2002, p. 20.
- Michael Scott, “Works of art testify to power of imagination” The Vancouver Sun, 27 June 01, p B3.
- Tony Tedeschi, “Storm Trooper”, Sunday Telegraph, 18 March 2001, p. 1.
- Fernand Côté, “Expostion au Commensal”, Journal Côte-des-Neiges, 8 fevrier 1996, p. 9.
- Lori Waxman, “Reviving Dulled Senses”, The Mcgill Daily, 26 Oct. 1995, p.7.
- Ann Rosenberg, “Gender Bent”, The Vancouver Sun, 15 May 1993.
- Jon Murray, “Eyes on the Street”, The Province, 19 August 1992, p. 2.
- Janet Smith, “Artists Spruce Up Granville Street”, The Westender, 19 Sept. 1992, p.15.
| - Zak Ratcliffe, “The Express”, Shaw Cable TV (Channel 4), 14 August 2006.
- Michael Hubbard, Kait Light, “Arts Now – The Daily”, Shaw Cable TV, March 30, 2005.
- Morgan Chojnacki, “The Storytelling Show”, CFRO FM Coop Radio, 11 January 2004.
- King Anderson, “Eastside Culture Crawl 2002” video, November 2002.
- Tamara Taggart, “Vancouver Breakfast”, VTV, 23 Nov. 2001.
- J.J. Lee, “Between the Sheets”, CITR Radio, October 1997.
|2013 Artistic Merit & Response to Homophobia Awards, Comox Valley Art Gallery
1994 Liguitex Excellence in Art University Award
1993 Concordia University Graduate Studio Art Advisory Incoming Student Award
1982 BC Cultural Fund Scholarship
1979 Provincial Scholarship Award of Excellence in Fine Art
1972 Award of Excellence in Graphic Art
- volunteer, Comox Valley Art Gallery (CVAG)
- tutor and mentor, studio practices
- juror, Campbell River Art Gallery Member's Exhibition
- Fanny Bay Studio Art Tour
- workshop: intro to photorealism, Campbell River Art Gallery
- Build Your Dream Home Show, Vancouver
- art talk: Engage, CVAG
- participating artist, Vancouver Island Music Festival, Local Colours Festival
- selection committee, VECC gallery, Vancouver
- participating artist, studio rep, Eastside Culture Crawl, Vancouver
- workshop: intro to oil painting, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- visiting artist, Opus Framing & Art Supplies, Vancouver
- workshop facilitator, Vancouver Art Gallery School Program
- guest artist, Faculty of Art Education, UBC
- workshop presenter, The Art Studios, Vancouver Coastal Health
- juror, Euphorbia 2006 Rotary Art Show
- guest artist, Art to Enterprise Group, N. Vancouver
- artist talks, Nanaimo Art Gallery, Britannia Art Gallery, Richmond Art Gallery
- roundtable presenter, S.E.A.R.C.H. Program, Alliance for Arts & Culture
- installation, Who Will Read this Body, Barbara Bickel, AMS Gallery, UBC
- curator, Deepening Desire: a 10 year retrospective - Barbara Bickel, VECC Gallery
- judge, Graphics Contest, Ministry of Children and Family Development
- workshop presenter, Gallery Gachet, Installation, Artropolis 2003
- administrator/facilitator, S.E.A.R.C.H. Program, Alliance for Arts & Culture
- instructor, Vancouver Academy of Art, ELST Design Studio, Vancouver Film School
- studio assistant, Foundation Dept., ECIAD
- gallery assistant, Charles H. Scott Gallery
- animateur, Vancouver Art Gallery
- scenic artist, permitee, IATSE Local 891
- teaching assistant, Faculty of Fine Arts, Concordia University