1881-1956 Albert Henry Robinson, born in Hamilton. Pupil of J.S. Gordon at the Hamilton Art School. Studied in Paris (1903-1904) at Julian's, the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, and for a time with the American artist Thomas William Marshall. Returned to Hamilton
in 1905 and taught at the Hamilton Art School. About 1908 began to paint the Quebec landscape and moved to Montreal. Met A.Y. Jackson in 1910 and with him visited Saint-Malo and Carhaix in Brittany in 1911. A.R.C.A. in 1911, R.C.A. in 1920. During the
first World War he worked as a munitions inspector and in 1919 painted the Canadian War Memorials. In 1921 he painted with Jackson at Cacouna where he began his most characteristic work; later painted at Baie Saint-Paul, Murray Bay, Saint-Fidele and
Saint-Tite-des-Caps. Died in Montreal. Founding member of the C.G.P., 1933.